Call for Entries for Jeonju International Film Festival 2019
The Jeonju International Film Festival (Jeonju IFF) is held every spring in Jeonju, the traditional city of Korea. Jeonju IFF has begun sailing again towards its 20th edition and now opens entries for International Film Competition.
Launched in 2000, Jeonju IFF is now recognized as Mecca of independent film festival of Asia and the widest window of avant-garde cinema around the world. While you can find latest waves of Korean independent scene in Korean Film Competition, International Competition introduces new talents across the world and showing the potential of new cinematic aesthetics. A number of new, rising filmmakers have been introduced to the world stage by Jeonju IFF and it resulted in that the awardees of Jeonju IFF have been critically acclaimed by international film festivals scene. The directors with the Grand Prize include SUWA Nobuhiro, Apichatpong WEERASRTAKUL, LIU Jia-yin , Denis CÔTÉ, YING Liang, Matías PIÑEIRO and Sherad Anthony SANCHEZ.
We are accepting your submission for feature films over 60 minutes including fiction, documentaries, animations and experimental films.
Entry Calls for the 20th Jeonju International Film Festival
Mon, December 3, 2018 ~ Fri, January 18, 2019
* Must be completed before 18:00 on January 18, 2019 (in Korean Time)
Eligibility for International Competition
- The entries must be the first or second feature of the director(s).
- The entries must be longer than 60-minute length of fiction, documentary, experimental or animation and others.
- The entries must be made after January 2018.
- The entries must have a minimum pre-condition of Asian Premiere, which means the film has not been presented in any Asian countries and won’t be before the 20th Jeonju International Film Festival(May 2 to May 11, 2019).
- Submission is ONLY available on the Festival website.
- Submitter must register as a member of the Festival website to submit online.
- Submission is completed only when the online screening link for preview is uploaded along with the entry form.
- The selection will be decided by the programmers at Jeonju International Film Festival.
- Final selections of International Competition will be contacted by the festival INDIVIDUALLY.
- The festival does not disclose the reasons for the non-selected entries.
- Be sure to read and agree to the submission regulations before you complete the entry form.
- All the contents of the entry form must be free of falsehoods. If the contents of the entry form are proved to be false, the entry will be excluded from the selection and the screening can be canceled when selected.
- The online preview link must be submitted as a private link or with a password, and it should not be considered for disclosure to the general public.
- The preview should be the same as the final screening version. If the final screening version differs from the submitted preview; and the selection may be canceled. However, the difference between the preview and the final screening version is entirely judged by the festival.
- The materials for submission will not be returned, and the Festival will safely dispose the materials after the selection.
- Submission of Korean films is only available on the official Festival website in Korean. Please visit and submit your Korean films on http://jeonjufest.kr/